Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

STTP

For those of you not familiar with baby-related abbreviations, the title of this post refers to the fact that the boys can now be considered to be sleeping through the night. Of course, I say this now and I'm sure I'm jinxing it for months to come, but last night, at least, both boys went down at nine and didn't wake up until six. That's nine consecutive hours of sleep, which translates into five consecutive hours for me plus one hour of dozing from five to six wondering if they were ok.

In other news, the boys had their two month check-up today and weighed in at 11 lbs. 4 oz. (Owen) and 11 lbs. 8 oz. (Liam). Liam, though, was cheating by holding in his poop until right after being weighed, thus requiring two consecutive diaper changes on the exam table. I would have liked to weigh him again after pooping, but instead both boys were subjected to four shots a piece, which they did not enjoy in the least. They were a little out of sorts for the rest of the day, very tired and rather cranky, but that made it easy to put them to bed. Speaking of bed...

4 comments:

huitzilin said...

I am frightened. I cherish my uninterrupted eight hour sleep. And I've heard horror stories. Your boys seem to be just great babies, and I guess it's really early for them to sleep so long without waking, but even so, they're over two months old! Does this mean that for two months you never got a full night's sleep? I will have to go back to work approximately two months after my baby will be born. How can this be????

Finding Resolve said...

Oh, Lori... That's right: the most consecutive sleep I've had since before the babies were born was 5 hours. 2nd place goes to the 4.5 hours I got after caving in and giving them a few ounces of formula on their 6 week birthday because they were supremely unsatisfied with my milk. Everything else is a far distant third. All I can say is that you should relish these last few months of good sleep. Soon you'll have to get up several times a night (7 to 10 for me in the last few weeks) just to pee. Then, if you're breastfeeding it's every 2 to 3 hours at first and then they start to sleep slightly longer stretches at night. On the brighter side, you'll learn to sleep while nursing, and that really makes a difference. Also, I'm a big fan of sleep and it hasn't affected me nearly as much as I would have thought, except on days like today, but that's the subject of the blog I'm about to write.

huitzilin said...

Seven to ten times... a night???!!!

I can assure you that I am only now getting accustomed to having to get up ONCE a night to pee. I found it supremely irritating at first, but I've gotten used to it. Except for the past few nights, when I've had to get up because I couldn't sleep. (Which explains my 5:15 comment.)

Really??? Seven to ten times a night???

Finding Resolve said...

Yes, seven to ten times a night, and the worst part about it was that by that time is was extremely difficult to even get out of bed. Sigh. Those last few weeks were really hellish, but remember that you probably won't ever be carrying nearly 14 pounds of baby.