Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Pre-pregnancy jeans!

1 week

8 weeks
My, how we've grown!


And still just as cute!

As one might surmise from the title of this post, today was a momentous occasion in that I was finally able to put on a pair of pants from that long lost world of pre-pregnancy. I still officially have 17 pounds to go to get back to my original weight (don't forget that I gained 60) but I'm convinced that a good portion of those 17 pounds is housed in my ginormous boobs. In any case, I was rather pleased that the jeans not only fit but didn't even feel as tight as they had been at times even before the boys were conceived. Of course, a lot of that has to do with the fact that I've lost a good deal of muscle, but that's not the point. I celebrated the milestone with not one but two trips to the park today, and on the second one I even managed to run about half a mile while Jon strolled the babies.

Today was also momentous because little Liam managed to sleep 8 hours straight last night. Unfortunately, Owen chose last night to wake up after only 6 hours, allowing for his mother to only sleep two and a half before going down to feed him. Ok, enough about sleep. No,on second thought, I'll go ahead and answer my loyal reader's question from the other night:

"Do you feel sleep-deprived and grumpy?"
Well, now that you mention it, today I do feel somewhat sleep-deprived, but not really grumpy. It's almost 11 and I haven't pumped yet and really don't feel like doing it, but that's about it. This morning I woke up very tired, but then Liam was all smiles for some reason (maybe because he got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep), and you can't be grumpy when you wake up to a beaming baby. It's actually rather amazing that I'm functioning so well on so little sleep since I used to cherish a good 8-9 hours a night, to say nothing of 11-12 hours on some weekends. I'm guessing I won't get those days back for a long, long time, if ever.

No comments: