Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane

That's right... if all goes well, tomorrow will be the boys' first plane trip. We're going to Boston to see the family and I'm a little bit terrified about the whole ordeal. First, there's a one hour drive to Richmond, then a shuttle from long-term parking to the airport, then breastfeeding in the airport and getting the double stroller, the two carseats, the diaper bag, my shoes, the two bottles of breastmilk, and the boys through security. If we manage to make it through all of that, then we have to get on the plane. Since the FAA won't allow a carseat in an aisle seat and the plane that we're taking only has two seats per row, I'll have to carry one of the boys on my lap, something I hadn't wanted to do. I'm sure it will all be ok, but it all seems very daunting right now.

In other news, tummy time has taken on a whole new dimension in the past couple of days. Check out this head control! I have been waiting for them to be able to lift their heads high enough to get a good picture on tummy time, and today both boys gave me several excellent shots. That's Liam in the blue (and I think it's Nancy Pelosi in the background), and Owen is in the white onesie. Now that they are smiling and more alert they are really getting to be a lot of fun.

4 comments:

huitzilin said...

Yikes! That sounds like a whole lot of trouble. I guess the sooner they get used to traveling, the better, though. I bet that you get a lot of sympathy in the airport. People may even be extra nice to you.

About the breast milk, can you take that much liquid with you on the plane? Do you have some sort of special waiver? I know it seems like a ridiculous question, but I saw them measure one person's liquid-something at ATL to make sure it was less than 3 oz.

You must blog from Boston! This loyal reader wants to hear real-time updates! (And I'm sure you have other loyal readers lurking about. They're just too shy to comment.)

huitzilin said...

P.S. That is impressive head control!

huitzilin said...

What? Still no updates over a week later? How long was this visit to Boston, anyway???

huitzilin said...

oh, how I long for more news on the twins...